United had appeared to turn a corner following their poor start to the Premier League season, beating PSG and RB Leipzig in the Champions League while tightening up a loose defence.
However, last weekend’s home loss to Arsenal was followed up with a defeat at European minnows Istanbul Basaksehir.
While the club are backing Solskjaer amid growing speculation that Mauricio Pochettino is set to take over, a third straight defeat against a tough Toffees side coached by Carlo Ancelotti could leave the Red Devils with a big decision to make heading into the international break.
Everton welcome back playmaker James Rodriguez following a minor injury.
Richarlison is suspended but Lucas Digne returns after a ban and Jordan Pickford should be back in goal after being dropped to the bench last Sunday.
Alex Telles is available after a period of self-isolation due to Covid-19.
Anthony Martial, who scored for United in the Champions League in midweek, is available again after serving a three-match domestic ban.
David De Gea is expected to return in goal after Dean Henderson played against Istanbul Basaksehir.
Eric Bailly and Phil Jones are both still sidelined with injury.
- Both matches last season were 1-1 draws, with Everton scoring first on both occasions.
- United have won 36 Premier League games against Everton, a record for one club against a particular opponent.
- Their 16 Premier League victories at Goodison Park is the joint-most away wins by any club at a single stadium. United have also won 16 times at Villa Park.
- However, they have won only three of their past 12 Premier League away matches against Everton (D4, L5).
- After winning their first four matches of the season, Everton have failed to win any of their subsequent three (D1, L2).
- They have lost only one of their 15 Premier League home fixtures since sacking Marco Silva last December.
- Everton have gone seven Premier League home games without a clean sheet.
- They could concede multiple goals in five successive top-flight home matches for the first time since a club record run of seven in 1958.
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin has scored eight goals in his seven Premier League appearances this season.
- Carlo Ancelotti has lost only one of his five Premier League matches as a manager against Manchester United (W3, D1).
- Tottenham vs West Ham: Team news, match facts and prediction
- Tottenham vs Everton: Team news, match facts and prediction
- Tottenham Player Tests Positve For Corona Virus
- Chelsea boss Lampard backed to make bold choice vs Liverpool
- United could match their club record of seven successive Premier League away wins, set in 1993.
- Failure to beat Everton would leave United with their lowest points tally after seven matches of a top-flight season since 1989-90.
- United have led for just 43 minutes this season – only Burnley and Sheffield United have a worse record.
- Manchester United have conceded four penalties in their six Premier League games this season. They conceded just three all last season.
- Marcus Rashford has failed to score in all nine of his appearances against Everton in all competitions.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjær is winless in all four Premier League matches as a manager against Everton for Cardiff City and Manchester United (D2, L2).