Premier League club, Tottenham Hotspurs have revealed that one of their players has tested positive for coronavirus and will be taken to self-isolation for seven as per the rules stipulated by the FA.
The North London club said the player whose identity will remain confidential did not experience any symptoms of the virus. The affected player is understood not to be a key first-team player.
The positive test was the only one got from the Premier League’s fifth and latest round of testing which took in players and members of staff at the 20 league clubs. This represented another boost on the English football restart.
The high or rising numbers of infections have in the past caused fears in the past since it could jeopardize plans to restart the league on 17 June and complete the remaining games by either 25th or 26th day of July. So far so good everything has been okay and this shows that the measures that were introduced at the training grounds have been effective.
The isolated positive result that was announced on Wednesday follows zero positive results from the previous round of screening.
- Somalia Revokes Licenses Of Two Kenyan Airlines
- I am aware one Mt. Kenya MP is trying to get me impeached-Duale reveals
- Alexandre Lacazette Urges Teammate, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang To Sign A New Contract
- 8 Nakuru MP’s allied to Ruto jump ship, back Uhuru
The premier league stakeholder will hold their latest conference call today at which various topics will be addressed. Some of the topics to be addressed include curtailment scenarios and the proposed fixtures list as well as more technical matters relating to player registration, substitutes, and squad size.
The Metropolitan police will look at the final proposed fixture list before recommending whether any games in London to be played at neutral venues. The city council’s safety group in Liverpool will meet early next week with Everton hoping that it will allow them stage Merseyside derby against Liverpool at Goodison Park in the long weekend of 19-22 June.
Amazon said its four remaining televised matches will be available free to air going alongside Sky Sports that pledged to do the same with the 25 of its 64 Games and the BBC’s four terrestrial fixtures.