When President Uhuru Kenyatta met the county governors last week, he told the nation that the opening of the economy will highly depend on the preparedness of the county government.
The president told the county chiefs to have at least 300 isolation beds for the Covid-19 patients,
According to the report by the Council of Governors, only 12 counties out of the 47 counties have so far reached the minimum number of bed capacity required as a threshold.
The report also shows that the devolved government has secured 6,898 isolation beds against the prerequisite of 30,500.
The 12 counties that have reached the threshold are;
|County||Facility Name||No. of Ventilators||No. of ICU Beds||No. of Isolation Beds|
2. Makueni Boys
|Vihiga||Vihiga County Referral Hospital||0||0||300|
|Kericho||1. Kericho County Referral Hospital
2. Ainamoi Health Center
4. Unilever Central Hospital
5. Chemogondai Hospital
|Kisii||Kisii Teaching and Referral Hospital||23||18||318|
|Kilifi||1. Kilifi County Referral Hospital||7||7||308|
Isolation beds in counties. Source: Council of Governors.
- Elegance!The Only Way to be a Classy woman in Relationship
- Mike Sonko kicked out of his Upper Hill office
- Men In Mombasa To Pay More For Quenching Their Thirst As Sex Workers Warn Of Higher Prices After Lockdown
- Woman Causes Drama Outside Milimani Law Courts, Claims CJ Maraga Is A Deadbeat Father
County 001 has the highest number of bed capacity while Waiguru’s Kirinyaga has the lowest with only 14 isolation beds at Kerugoya Hospital.