Dimitar Berbatov believes there will be nothing separating Arsenal and Chelsea when the full time whistle blows in Saturday’s FA Cup final.
The London rivals are set to meet at Wembley Stadium and either Mikel Arteta or Frank Lampard will emerge with their first trophy as a manager.
To earn their place in the final, Chelsea convincingly beat Manchester United 3-1 while the Gunners stunned holders Manchester City with a 2-0 victory.Meanwhile, the Blues finished four places above Arsenal in the Premier League.
But Berbatov simply cannot pick a winner in the final and anticipates extra time may be needed to determine whether the FA Cup will return to north or west London.
“It’s really difficult to predict how the FA Cup final will go,” the Bulgarian said. “Whichever team wins, it will be the coach’s first major trophy. It never matters what trophy you win, it still feels amazing.
“I think the teams are evenly matched. Arsenal need to be careful here, as they are prone to mistakes at the back. If they have any defensive lapses, Chelsea will take advantage.
- Budding Kenyan star joins English side Bristol Rovers
- Real Madrid player Mariano Diaz tests positive COVID-19
- Kenya international Ayub Timbe is headed back to China
- Michael Olunga joint top scorer in the Japanese top league
“You need to be greedy for trophies no matter what you have won in the past. It’s a big mark on your CV as a manager to win the FA Cup.”
Though Berbatov predicts the final may go to extra time, he would rather neither side is put through the anguish of a penalty shoot-out.
He added: “I’m excited to see how Arteta and Lampard approach the game.”
- How Kenya Has Become Stronger Since Osama Bin Laden 1998 Terror Attack - August 7, 2020
- Kenya Premier League transfer window to open Next week - August 7, 2020
- Pep Guardiola sends rallying message to Man City stars ahead of Real Madrid clash - August 7, 2020