Jubilee Secretary General Raphael Tuju has dismissed claims that he was locked out of the party’s head quarters in Pangani, Nairobi.
In an interview with a local blog, Tuju asked Kenyans to ignore reports that wrangles had ensued in the ruling party.
“I am currently behind my desk at Jubilee Headquarters and I have just finished a meeting with some of our staff,” Tuju said.
“You are free to come and take a picture,” he added.
The party’s communication director Albert Mwemusi also confirmed that the CS without a portfolio was in his office.
“The office is open and the SG has been holding a meeting,” Mwemusi said.
This comes after the former state house director of digital communication Dennis Itumbi announced that the party’s offices had been locked through his social media pages.
Through a tweet, Itumbi said that Jubilee will claim the offices were locked due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
“Jubilee HQ locked. Tuju locked out. They plan to blame #COVID19, for office closure Administration fight is on,” Itumbi said.
Jubilee HQ locked.
Tuju locked out.
They plan to blame #COVID19, for office closure
Administration fight is on.
— Dennis Itumbi, HSC (@OleItumbi) October 14, 2021
A section of Jubilee lawmakers have been pushing for the ouster of Tuju and Jubilee vice chair David Murathe.
Recently, changes were made among the staff but Tuju was not informed of the new developments.
In the changes close to 70 staff were sacked a move that sparked a lot of protests from those who had been laid off while threatening to sue the party if no action is taken by President Uhuru Kenyatta and the Secretary General.
“It’s not true. It was a miscommunication. We have asked them to come to the headquarters and the NMC will also meet them to explain what happened,” Tuju said.
Those who were kicked out include directors of 11 parties which were merged to form Jubilee and senior managers.