EACC detectives on Thursday pounced on the Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) Managing Director Benard Njiraini.
Reports say that the Managing Director is being accused of continuously failing to comply with the investigative officers thus frustrating the timely conclusion of the investigations.
“Today EACC arrested Mr.Benard Njiraini as a penal consequence of failing to comply with a notice issued to him according to Section 27 and Section 66 of the ANti-Corruption and Economic CrimesAct No.3 of 2003. This is with a view of obtaining the said documents and preferring charges against him for his contravention,” EACC said in a statement.
- Pastor arrested for allegedly raping a 12-year-old girl
- Shock As Senator Millicent Omanga Spotted At DP Ruto’s Karen Residence
- Airtel Steals Subscribers From Safaricom
- Investigating Officer Under Pressure To Record Uhuru, Raila Statement In Cybercrime Case
The Anti-graft agency has been probing alleged procurement irregularities and payment of brides in the tendering process for pre-export conformity of spare parts, mobile equipment, goods, and used motor vehicles.
- New, Weird Symptoms Associated With Covid-19 You Should Know - August 7, 2020
- DP William Ruto In Fresh Legal Row Over Land Possession - August 7, 2020
- Referendum Might Happen In December – Raila - August 7, 2020