A simple question for what many times ends up being a difficult situation: Romance in the work place. Should you or shouldn’t you?
It’s often said that finding love in the workplace is a natural thing, that it’s common and overall just a good idea. I mean, why not? You spend most of your life at work, five days and forty or so hours a week there.
It makes sense. Right? One reason that it might not make sense is because you spend most of your life at work, working five days and forty or so hours a week and maybe you don’t want to see your flame that much, especially if things go sour between you two and all hell breaks loose.
The Dangerous Affair of Workplace Romance – Business 2 Community
Those are a couple of the more obvious points. I’ll cover some pros and cons.
So what are some positives from dating your co workers?
- Since you see this person a lot, you get a good idea of who they are and how they handle themselves day to day.
- You know each other, which can help further along a romance because you don’t really “do” the “getting to know you” phase of the relationship.
- Dating and working together really kills two birds with one stone by allowing you to spend more time together. Ideal for those that, you know, kinda like the constant company of others.
- Sorry But It’s The Truth, You Attract What You Are
- Talking Sports With Men, It is Attractive!
- Pop Star Katy Parry and Orlando Bloom Welcome First Child
- Should You Be Ready To Help Your Friends In A Breakup?
Here are some negatives:
- If you and your estranged lover can’t muster up the bones to be professionals things will get uncomfortable really quick and affect your work life completely. Communication helps, if it’s an option. If not, your co workers will sit back and enjoy the show aka rubble of your broken relationship.
- Your co workers. Will they gossip about your relationship and dish dirt to each other, let alone complete strangers? Situations like this can destroy a relationship and bring a team down with it.
- Are there potential issues with you and your lover competing for the same job? What if one of you is the superior of the other? Those are situations to avoid, if at all possible.
So. Should you or shouldn’t you? I’d go for the side of caution and tell you to avoid being in such a situation and meet someone outside of the workplace.
Relationships are never predictable and playing with that smoking gun at work has the potential to mess up your life really quick.
Keep it safe.