So Painful! Recent Photo Of Ailing Conjestina Achieng’ Leaves Kenyans Heartbroken

KEY POINTS

  • A recent photo of veteran boxer Congestina Achieng' has left netizens startled and concerned after noticing that her health has not improved.
  • Some have suggested that there should be a sports pension fund to cater sports men and women who have made the country proud.
  • Several people have claimed that her mental disorder might have resulted from her career

A recent photo of veteran boxer Conjestina Achieng’ has left netizens startled and concerned after noticing that her health has not improved.

For over a decade now, Conjestina has been a frequent visitor at rehabilitation centers after receiving help from a number of well-wishers, because her family could no longer afford her medication, but her situation has not changed for the better.

Conjestina’s recent photo

Some have suggested that there should be a sports pension fund for sports men and women who have made the country proud like the renowned boxer..

Others however think that money can not help Conjestina right now since a lot has been channeled towards her unsuccessfully as others suggested that she needed prayers and deliverance to deliver her from her mental issues.

“While we need that pension fund, Conjestina’s issues are deeper than money. Unfortunately several attempts of helping her have failed mainly because of her and her family,” Owuor Otieno Maq said.

The most recent help came from former governor Mike Sonko and NACADA after reports emerged that she had torched her house in Gem, Yala towards the end of August last year

Conjestina’s troubles began over a decade ago after she was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, a condition that dimmed her star in boxing. The mother of one was rated number 5 among the top female boxers world wide.

Several people have claimed that her mental disorder might have resulted from her career but her son, Charlton Otieno, said that she has undergone several head scans but nothing shows that her brain suffered injuries from her boxing career.

“What I can assure the citizens is that Conjestina’s illness was not as a result of boxing, there are many boxers who have fought for long but they didn’t get sick like her, it is something that just came from nowhere because she used to understand herself while in the ring and would dodge the head punches,”  Charlton recently told plug TV.

He further said that after Conjestina’s recent rehabilitation, she left the hospital while 70% healed. The remaining 30% was to be covered by post treatment which includes therapy and something to keep her busy so that does not fall into depression but their plans did not go as anticipated with Conjestina being forced to go back to her rural home.

RELATED STORY:“It Used To Be A Sad Story” Conjestina Achieng’s Son Recalls How  She Sank Deep Into Mental Illness

 

 

 

Stay Connected
50,930FansLike
2,458FollowersFollow
61,453SubscribersSubscribe
Must Read
Related News