Deputy President William Ruto has taken a break from campaigns after a week-long tour in Western and Rift Valley regions.
According to DP Ruto’s Director of Communication, Emmanuel Talaam, the second in command has retreated to review on the past events.
Currently Ruto is stationed at his official Karen residence. Talaam said that the break would give the DP an opportunity to meet his advisors and put strategies for the next campaigns.
“The Deputy President is in Karen reviewing the past events and planning for the next campaign circuit,” Talaam told The Star.
He however did not give a line-up for DP Ruto’s next campaign trail.
Meanwhile, a man who chained himself at DP Ruto’s Harambee Annex office will finally get help. This is after the DP addressed his concerns.
“DP has sorted the issue and asked his office to handle the young man’s case,” Talaam said.
Lawrence Oprong, the son of former Busia North MP Fredrick Oduya Oprong, had chained himself to the grills of the gate saying that he would not leave until he spoke to Ruto on Tuesday morning.
When asked what his concern was by an onlooker, he declined to air it out saying that he would only speak to Ruto.
“Mimi sitaki kuongea mingi nataka tu nione naibu wa rais nimwelezee mambo zangu. Nimejifunga hivi si ju ya kupenda kwangu sasa msidhani kichwa yangu ni mbaya. Nitakaa hapa ata kama ni wiki mzima mpaka nione deputy president,” Oprong said.
Oprong was however taken in by the police to the Central Police Station.
According to him, he had been promised a job four years ago but the promise was never fulfilled.