Oracle Academy, Pan African University Institute for Basic Sciences Technology and Innovation and FDRE Ministry of Innovation & Technology (MInT) Ethiopia were recognized for the Outstanding Impact Awards 2021 during the 7th African Summit on Entrepreneurship and Innovation-ASENTI in November 5-6 2021. The conference brought together over 200 youth from across Africa.
Oracle Academy has been on the forefront of working with institutions, educators, and partners across the globe to help millions of students become technology innovators and leaders by providing free learning and teaching resources to thousands of teachers and students across Africa.
The Summit was officially opened by Keynote speaker: H.E. Huria Ali Mahdi – State Minister of the National ICT and Digital Economy Sector at the FDRE Ministry of Innovation and Technology. Ethiopia. H.E Huria shared the need for more young people to be innovators and embrace new technologies to advance entrepreneurship in Africa.
Theme: “Exploring innovative opportunities across Africa’s entrepreneurship ecosystem”
Objectives of the Conference:
- Connect and network with high-profile entrepreneurs across Africa
- Explore innovative, digital and technological solutions to mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Extract good practices to be implemented at your level to increase your resilience
- Demonstrate the role of the diaspora for inclusive development and exchange of best practices and partnership opportunities.
Some of the key focused discussion
Topic; Blending Education and Technology; enhancing digital learning for higher education in Africa.
Moderator by Sheila Waswa – CEO Chasing Mavericks, Kenya
- Bekere Amassoma – Oracle Academy Program Manager, Sub Saharan Africa
- Daniel Juma – Country Director Global Peace Foundation, Kenya
- Dene Botha – MD at Empowered Youth, UK
- Mariam Shodeinde – Co-Founder/CEO Adar Impact, Finland
- Deepak Farmah – Head of Industrial Innovation, Coventry University, UK
Silas Lwakabamba – Regional Managing Director, Coventry University Africa Hub, Kigali, Rwanda
The panel through Bekere Amassoma – Oracle Academy Program Manager, Sub Saharan Africa shared some of the key opportunities offered by Oracle Academy and how teachers and students can take advantage of the platform and benefit from it.
Oracle academy hosted training on Oracle Solutions on IOT and machine learning by Juvenalis Musungu Oracle Kenya
Oracle Academy is committed to transforming the learning processes for so many teachers and students across Africa.