The government has ordered the immediate dusk-to-dawn curfew in some parts of Nakuru county hit by the new wave of clashes.
Rift Valley Regional Coordinator George Natembeya announced the 6 pm to 6 am curfew in Kapnoswa, Kaprop, Nessuit, Ndoswa, and Mariashoni areas in Njoro-sub-county, according to reports.
According to Mr. Natembeya, the government had deployed enough security officers to the affected areas to restore order. He further states that the curfew was necessary to ensure calm was restored in the areas.
“I want to urge all residents to remain indoors between 6 pm to 6 am. Nobody should be found outside within those hours,” said Mr. Natembeya.
The administrator, however, warned that those who will defy the order will be arrested.
He also ordered the police officers to take into custody any person found with any weapon in the area.
The regional police boss also banned all gathering in the region in an effort to end the violence.
He also confirmed that three residents have been arrested and the police officers were pursuing ten other people among them are area politicians suspected to have planned the violence that began on Wednesday night.
- Rift Valley Regional Commissioner George Natembeya Warns Leaders Against Inciting Locals
- Agent Locks Woman And Her Sick Child In Their House, Welds Door Shut Over Unpaid Rent
- Nakuru man found guilty of beheading woman for refusing a marriage proposal
- Senator Susan Kihika Tell ‘Tangatanga’ To Show Uhuru The Middle Finger
Reports say that among those arrested is an area chief who was found in with arrows and other weapons.
“The ten people have gone into hiding. Once arrested the suspects will be arraigned for incitement,” said Mr. Natembeya.
He also revealed that peace meetings will take place in the areas starting Monday to seek a lasting solution in the region.
- New, Weird Symptoms Associated With Covid-19 You Should Know - August 7, 2020
- DP William Ruto In Fresh Legal Row Over Land Possession - August 7, 2020
- Referendum Might Happen In December – Raila - August 7, 2020