When you ask men what they look for in a woman, most are quick to talk about body statistics, sense of humor, intelligence, caring nature, and a strong personality. Everyone wants a strong woman. But we have some serious doubts about whether or not they know what they’re getting into when they wish for that.
While a perfect waistline, a Degree and someone who loves your family like their own is just the kind of woman you’d like to deal with when it comes to romance; someone with a strong personality means much more than having a woman who knows which restaurant she wants to eat at and what she wants to order. They rarely describe; ‘the strength to stand up for herself’ and ‘the strength to walk away,’ because that’s not the kind of strength a person feels they are signing up for when entering into a relationship with someone that embodies traits at that caliber.
Women who have a strong sense of self-worth and personal power are often direct about who they are. They don’t hold back any punches, and understandably, that can be both attractive, as well as mystifying to men. According to the common opinion among us, more so the latter.
Confused already? Well, don’t be. Here are 5 things you need to understand before you claim to want a “strong woman” as your partner. You know what they say… be careful what you wish for, you just might get it all!
1. Strong women are less emotionally dependent
A strong woman wants you, but won’t necessarily need you. A woman who can get herself through life doesn’t need the affirmation of a man to feel good about her. She knows exactly who she is, and what she brings to the table. While she might want emotional support, she’s not dependent on it.
2. She won’t be afraid to speak her mind, even if it offends you
Not to be confused with unnecessary rudeness, strong women stand their ground and cannot be bullied or talked into something they don’t agree with. Be prepared to have healthy discussions that sometimes may involve a difference of opinion. She’s not a ‘yes-man’ or a pushover.
3. She has high self-respect she loves you, she might go all out to prove it to you, but anything that threatens her self-respect will not be tolerated. That’s the one thing she won’t compromise on, and she won’t think twice before moving on, should you act disrespectfully.
4. She’s independent and a go-getter
If she makes her own money, be rest-assured she won’t take your nor so good charms. Financial stability equals freedom and independence – and she knows it! However, this doesn’t mean she doesn’t want you to pay any bills or spoil her at her favorite restaurant or a shopping mall, every once in a while. It’s just that she’s capable of doing those things for herself, too.
READ MORE :
- Presidential hopeful Kanye West wants Jay-Z to be his running mate
- Search For Peace Of Mind Takes Mr. Nice To Kitengela
- Lady gives birth after allegedly being pregnant for 10 years
- Governor Joho has women going crazy after body transformation
5. There’s a limit to how much a strong woman will compromise when it comes to making adjustments and compromises – don’t push the envelope! While she might be willing to cross seven the seas for you, don’t set unrealistic expectations for yourself. No, she won’t cut her friends out because you hate them, she won’t stop wearing jeans because your parents don’t like it, and she won’t quit her job because you think she needs to take care of the household.
However, these are the traits of a strong woman, so rather than her making the decision that she needs to weaken her individuality to keep the peace, she is likely to realize she just needs a stronger man.
- How Kenya Has Become Stronger Since Osama Bin Laden 1998 Terror Attack - August 7, 2020
- Kenya Premier League transfer window to open Next week - August 7, 2020
- Pep Guardiola sends rallying message to Man City stars ahead of Real Madrid clash - August 7, 2020