Robert Mugabe was a politician and revolutionary from Zimbabwe who ruled as president from 1987 to 2017 after serving as prime minister from 1980 to 1987.
On September 6, 2019, Robert Mugabe passed away at Singapore’s Gleneagles Hospital.
There are many real and fake quotes that have been credited to the late Robert Mugabe.
Check out our favorite list of ten most hilarious:
- “I have died many times – that’s where I have beaten Christ. Christ died once and resurrected once.”
- “If President Barack Obama wants me to allow marriage for same-sex couples in my country (Zimbabwe), he must come here so that I marry him first.”
- “We ask, was he born out of homosexuality? We need continuity in our race, and that comes from the woman, and no to homosexuality. John and John, no; Maria and Maria, no. They are worse than dogs and pigs. I keep pigs and the male pig knows the female one.”
- “Only God, who appointed me, will remove me – not the MDC, not the British. Only God will remove me!”
- “If you are ugly, you are ugly. Stop talking about inner beauty because men don’t walk around with X-ray machines to see inner beauty.”
- “Sometimes you look back at girls you spent money on, rather than send it to your mum, and you realise witchcraft is real.”
- “If I am given a chance to travel through time, I will go back to 1946, find Donald Trump’s father and give him a condom.”
- “Cigarette is a pinch of tobacco rolled in a piece of paper with fire on one end and a fool on the other end.”
- “What is the problem with deporting white men from Africa? We now have aeroplanes which can take them back quicker than the ships used by their ancestors.”
- Interviewer: “Mr President, when are you bidding the people of Zimbabwe farewell?”
Robert Mugabe: “Where are they going?”
Robert Mugabe, the former leader of Zimbabwe, passed away at age 95.
Continue resting in peace African legend.
READ ALSO:WHAT FRANCIS ATWOLI TOLD PRESIDENT WILLIAM RUTO AT STATE HOUSE TODAY