They say that luck strikes only once but this is not so for Tanzanian Saniniu Kuryan Laizer has yet again found another 6-kilogramme Tanzanite stone – gemstone worth over Sh140 million.
Mr Saniniu Kuryan who recently became an overnight millionaire is now set to make more millions.
The latest piece becomes the second-largest Tanzanite stone to be found in the Northern Mirelani hills.
Just a month ago, the local small-scale miner found the largest ever recovered Tanzanite which weighed 9.27kg and another one which weighed 5.1kg.
The 52-year-old, husband of four wives and father of 30, sold the gems to the government of Tanzania for Sh357.2 million. He also intends to sell his new fortune to the government.
Tanzanite was first discovered in Tanzania in 1967, in a very small mining area near the Mererani Hills, the only place in the world it has ever been found.
- Magufuli make Tanzanian miner billionaire after purchasing his stones
- Tanzanian millionaire miner wants to use his new riches to build a school
- A Bus Driver, 52 Deliberately Crashed And Killed 21 People After His House Was Demolished
Geologists estimated that all the natural reserves of Tanzanite will be depleted by 2050.
Tanzanite’s appearance is influenced greatly by its pleochroism, which is the ability of a gemstone to show different colours when viewed in different crystal directions.
- Police officer arrests underage girls for denying him sex - August 7, 2020
- Morgue employee arrested for pimping out corpses for sex - August 7, 2020
- KENHA to pay Ahmednassir shs 750,000 for damages done by poor road - August 6, 2020