Safaricom has put to an end its Platinum package for an ‘All in One bundle’.
On Wednesday, the telecom giant said the all in one bundle or the Karibu Postpay plan will provide more voice and data without expiry.
“The customers under this category will be migrated by August 30 to the postpay plan,” Safaricom said in a statement.
Subscribers with auto-renew services will be upgraded to the plan while customers who buy the Platinum plans on the one-off basis will select on the plans available on mysafaricom app.
The upgrade can also be done by dialing *544# and selecting option there; normal data with expiry, then option one ‘All in One bundle.
“All affected customers can choose from alternative Safaricom services that suit their needs,” it said.
- Treasury To Pay Sh 1.5bn To Safaricom For Security Camera Deal
- Safaricom closes Thika Road Mall store after an employee tested +ve for Covid-19
- Airtel Steals Subscribers From Safaricom
- The Kenyan Passport Has Retained Its 72nd Position On The Henley Passport Index
Back in 2018, Safaricom introduced the Platinum plan – a product that focused on customers on the go without worrying about depleting their units.
The subscription came in two packages that are, Basic and Plus. The latter is equipped with additional units (data, voice, and SMS).
- New, Weird Symptoms Associated With Covid-19 You Should Know - August 7, 2020
- DP William Ruto In Fresh Legal Row Over Land Possession - August 7, 2020
- Referendum Might Happen In December – Raila - August 7, 2020