Oscar Awards winning actress Lupita Nyong’o has added another feather to her cap after she bagged Emmy Awards 2020 nomination.
The 12 Years A Slave actress has been nominated alongside global stars Kareem Abdul, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Angela Bassett and David Attenborough in the Outstanding Narrator Category.
The nominees for this 72nd edition of the Emmys were unveiled yesterday via live stream and the award ceremony is scheduled to go down of the 21st September 2020.
The international nature documentary titled Serengeti by the Discovery Channel is the project that earned her this prestigious nomination. This very project also made her the first African woman to narrate an international nature documentary
An ecstatic Lupita took to her social media to announce the exciting news while acknowledging her category mates and thanking the team at the Discovery Channel for giving her the opportunity.
The Black Panther star is very passionate about wildlife conservation. Last year, she was honored by WildAid, the global conservation organization leading the fight to end the illegal wildlife trade, as a Wildlife Champion.
- NBA star apologizes to Lupita Nyong’o over dark skin attacks
- Did Frankie Or Kwamboka Send You To Me? Maureen Waititu Savagely Attack Her Fan
- Speaker Beatrice Elachi and Nairobi MCAs Spend Night At City Hall
- Sonko is seeking redress against Elachi after a bitter fallout
Lupita’s talent and passion has earned her various coveted accolades including BET and Oscar Awards. She also boasts of gracing the covers of various publications such as British Vogue and Ms among others. She recently launched her debut book Sulwe, which it is getting favourable reviews.
The actress impressive catalogue of award-winning films has made her an inspiration to many young Kenyan actors and actresses.
- Police officer arrests underage girls for denying him sex - August 7, 2020
- Morgue employee arrested for pimping out corpses for sex - August 7, 2020
- KENHA to pay Ahmednassir shs 750,000 for damages done by poor road - August 6, 2020