YouTube on Tuesday temporarily did away with United States President Trump’s channel and removed a video he allegedly posted, arguing that it violated its policy by inciting violence.
YouTube joins the two major social media platforms namely Facebook and Twitter after they similarly terminated the president’s account because he used them to incite violence last week that saw massive destructions and deaths of some people amongst them police officers.
These bans on his major social media handles is a big blow to him since he has relied on them during his entire presidency to pass information. According to operators, the embattled president could misuse these platforms to cause more unrest ahead of Joe Biden’s inauguration scheduled for January 20th.
“In light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence, we removed new content uploaded to Donald J. Trump’s channel for violating our policies,” said YouTube in a statement.
The statement further read that the channel is “temporarily prevented from uploading new content for a ‘minimum’ of 7 days.” It was also “indefinitely disabling comments” on the president’s channel as a safety measure.
US President Donald Trump had been suspended by major social websites including Twitter and Facebook after tweeting to supporters who attacked the US Capitol.
In a social media post to his supporters, Trump said “I love you” before asking them to go home. He also repeated false claims about election fraud.
- Ugandan Police Say Bobi Wine Plans To Kidnap Himself After Voting
- Meet The Murang’a Man Who Has Dug His Grave And Written The Eulogy
- Trump Refuses To Take Responsibility For Capitol Hill Destructions
Twitter noted that it required to pull down the three tweets for “severe violations of our Civic Integrity policy”.